Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Heart Whole Foods Hummus


Hummus



I would just like to write a brief blurb on the wonder that is Whole Foods hummus. I kid you not when I say that it is THE shit. It is delicious, preservative free, organic and HEALTHY. It is only 25 calories per tablespoon, which means that one can make a very filling, low-cal meal out of 16 Wheat Thins and 8 tablespoons (344 calories total). I have been eating this as part of my "Natalie Get Back Down To A Size Zero by Vegas Plan" and it is working. (I am almost, almost down to a 2 and my Vegas trip is in July). Hooray!!! Also, since it is preservative free it doesn't give me heartburn like other brands (Athenos) can give me. Plus, chickpeas are a well known superfood and VERY good for you. I think everyone reading this blog should immediately run to Whole Foods and buy a container-- it's that wonderful.

Also, on a side note, I looked up Vessel Seattle on google today and there are A LOT of haters writing bad things about Vessel on the internet. I would like to respectfully disagree. Matt, Tiffany, Beth and I went to Vessel for cocktails (again) two weeks ago and I was once again impressed. The service was great and the cocktails were delicious. The waitress helped Beth (who is a little choosy) pick out a cocktail to her liking and they made Matt the most amazing, artful whiskey sour ever. They actually took the time to make a star pattern in the foam at the top of the cocktail-- it was really nice to see a bartender pay attention to quality and detail.

So, Vessel might be a bit pretentious, a criticism of many internet bloggers, but if you are looking to do a keg stand and tequila shots perhaps you should go to Kells on Post Alley, another dive bar or a frat party. However, if you are looking for a classy night on the town, complete with quality liquor and creative bartending, then Vessel IS the place for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment