Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Eve at Elliott's


The day before NYE Matt texted me and asked me if I wanted to go to Elliott's (1201 Alaskan Way, Seattle 98101) for dinner on New Years. I, of course, wanted to go (are you kidding me?!?) and so I met him at the restaurant after work. We had a wonderful time. I have absolutely no complaints other than that the waiter kept telling the same lame ass joke to everyone when he brought their check: "Here is your student loan application". Ha ha . . . not so much. Other than that though, the service was great the food was wonderful AND we got a table with a water view (the company wasn't too bad either). The perfect way to ring in 2010 if you ask me.

I ordered the alder planked, white king salmon and it was great. Apparently only one in a hundred king salmon's is white and it is a somewhat rare menu find . . . who knew? Learn something new everyday, I guess. I found a picture of the entree on google, which I posted below, although mine came minus the cardboard underneath the filet. We also ordered salads, a very nice bottle of pinot noir (which I wish I written down the name of the winery), cocktails and dessert. The cheesecake at Elliott's is fantastic btw.

I hope everyone had a fantastic NYE and I hope 2010 brings everyone great things! I have a good feeling about this one. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment