Thursday, June 10, 2010

Celebrating at the Metropolitan Grill

The front entrance to the Met on Second Avenue

Matt and I before dinner
Last Saturday Matt had his big CFA test (and is finally done studying . . . for awhile anyway) and he wanted to go to the Metropolitan Grill to celebrate afterward (820- 2nd Avenue, Seattle 98104 or www.themetropolitangrill.com). Everyone in Seattle knows that the Met is completely amazing and I won't bore you with a review of the great service, impressive wine list and spectacular food, because the rumors are indeed true. However, I will say that the garlic mashed potatoes are to die for; so much to the point that when I forgot my doggie bag in Matt's fridge I made a special trip back to his place to claim them!

I also tried something new this time: lobster bisque. Oh. My. God. It was so decadent and amazing (Lord knows probably a million calories too, but to hell with it). So, I am on the look out for a kick ass lobster bisque recipe now. A recipe with actual lobster, butter, chives and heavy cream (see what I mean about the calories?). I looked on Williams Sonoma and All Recipes, but no luck. If anyone out there has a good one please send me a line and let me know!

You definitely have to drop some big coin for a dinner at the Met, but it definitely makes a celebratory night on the town extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment